Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged san joaquin
- Restoring the San Joaquin River
Revitalizing communities, resurrecting salmon populations, and catalyzing change in California water management
- In the 1940s, a giant dam nearly killed California's San Joaquin River and its legendary salmon run. A court ruling could bring the river back to life, restoring the salmon fishery, providing clean irrigation water for farms and improving drinking water quality for millions of Californians.
Documents Tagged san joaquin in All Sections
- San Joaquin River Restoration Settlement Act
- Last year, a historic settlement was reached to restore flows and salmon populations to California's second longest river, the San Joaquin, and approved by the federal court.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- New Public Polling Research Shows Americans Want Clean Water Safeguards
- posted by Jon Devine, 1/22/15
- NY State of State 2015: Time to Go All-In on Clean Energy, Safe Water & Local Food
- posted by Richard Schrader, 1/13/15
- Latin America Green News: record deforestation in Paraguay, renewables in Nicaragua, World Bank suggests carbon tax for Peru
- posted by Maria Martinez, 1/12/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.