Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged health
- Deepest Cuts
Repairing Health Monitoring Programs Slashed Under the Bush Administration
- For decades, federal agencies charged with safeguarding health and the environment have tracked pollution, required industry reporting, and monitored disease rates, providing the foundation for all health and environmental protection. This December 2008 issue paper shows that the Bush Administration dangerously slashed federal environmental and health monitoring programs.
Documents Tagged health in All Sections
- Consequences of Global Warming
- A hotter planet means dirtier air and water, more severe floods and droughts, more wildfires and other serious consequences.
- Sneezing and Wheezing
How Climate Change Could Increase Ragweed Allergies, Air Pollution, and Asthma: 2015 Update
- Scientific studies have shown that our changing climate could favor the formation of more ozone smog in some areas and increase the production of allergenic pollen -- bad news for allergy sufferers and asthmatics, as both ragweed pollen and high levels of ozone smog can trigger asthma attacks and worsen allergic symptoms in adults and children.
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- Sustainable Seafood Guide
How to choose delicious seafood that’s healthy for you and the environment
- Eating fish can be a smart choice. It's a lean protein with great health benefits. But sometimes fish can be bad for you, and sometimes it's bad for the environment. When you're at the store or ordering in a restaurant, how do you know which seafood to choose? We’ve got advice that tells you what's OK and what to avoid
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Let's Be Honest About Environmental Safeguards
- posted by Jon Devine, 10/6/15
- Clean Water Rule Litigation Update: Let's All Just Take a Breath
- posted by Jon Devine, 8/28/15
- Water and Wastewater Systems Are Still At-Risk 10 Years after Katrina
- posted by Ben Chou, 8/27/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.