Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged arsenic
- Arsenic in Drinking Water
- Answers to questions including: How can I find out whether my drinking water contains arsenic? Can I buy a filter that will remove arsenic from my water? I drink bottled water -- do I have to worry about arsenic?
Documents Tagged arsenic in All Sections
- New Orleans Environmental Quality Test Results
- Results of NRDC's monitoring for mold, contaminated soil, particulates and other substances of health concern in the New Orleans area following Hurricane Katrina.
- Rebuilding New Orleans
- In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, a team of health and environmental specialists from NRDC has been working with the people of New Orleans to ensure their safe recovery from the disaster.
- Katrina’s Wake: Arsenic-Laced Schools and Playgrounds Put New Orleans Children at Risk
- When Hurricane Katrina tore through New Orleans in August 2005, the levee failures inundated the city -- particularly its most vulnerable neighborhoods -- with a hazardous sea of fuel, sewage and chemicals. This August 2007 issue paper reveals that people in New Orleans were returning home to communities that have not been adequately cleaned up, and offers solutions on a federal and local level for charting a safer course for New Orleans.
- On the Ground in New Orleans
An NRDC Fact-finding Mission, October 2005
- A photo journal from NRDC experts gathering first-hand information about the health and environmental after-effects of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Climate Preparedness Task Force Should Use Water Infrastructure Funding to Protect Communities from Climate Risks
- posted by Ben Chou, 4/11/14
- Fracking in the Bakken threatens Missouri River watershed health
- posted by Marcus Griswold, 4/9/14
- Waiving Environmental Protections in the Bay Delta: Bad News for Fishermen, Water Supply, and BDCP
- posted by Doug Obegi, 4/3/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.