Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged wastewater
- In Fracking's Wake
New Rules are Needed to Protect Our Health and Environment from Contaminated Wastewater
- Natural gas development has exploded, fueled by advances in an extraction technique known as hydraulic fracturing or fracking. Unfortunately, federal and state safeguards to protect people and the environment from the hazards of fracking have not kept pace.
Documents Tagged wastewater in All Sections
- Another Cost of Sprawl
The Effects of Land Use on Wastewater Utility Costs
- A 1998 NRDC study that adds to the growing body of literature demonstrating that low-density sprawl development is costly, inefficient, and inequitable.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Clean Water Rule Litigation Update: Let's All Just Take a Breath
- posted by Jon Devine, 8/28/15
- Water and Wastewater Systems Are Still At-Risk 10 Years after Katrina
- posted by Ben Chou, 8/27/15
- Seamless Growth Ahead for NRDC's Clean by Design
- posted by Linda Greer, 8/18/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.