Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged New York City
- Under Attack: New York's Kensico and West Branch Reservoirs Confront Intensified Development
- A report finding that encroaching development and inadequate protection by city and state officials threaten New York City's two most important reservoirs.
Documents Tagged New York City in All Sections
- Rampant Mold & Moisture Problems in NYC Public Housing
- Excessive moisture in New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) buildings -- which are home to 400,000 New Yorkers -- has led to a rampant and severe mold problem.
- Whale Songs in the City
Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution and shipping traffic put them at risk
- Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution puts them at risk.
- Partnerships for Change
NRDC has worked with many community-based organizations to defend people's right to a safe and healthy environment.
- Over the years, NRDC has joined forces with community-based grassroots groups across the country to help protect the health and environment of local communities from harmful industrial development and toxic pollution.
- Recycling Returns
Ten Reforms for Making New York City's Recycling Program More Cost-Effective
- After suspending glass and plastic recycling in the summer of 2002 due to record budget deficits, New York City has restored its full recycling program. This April 2004 NRDC report, shaped by a steering committee of representatives from 10 environmental and consumer groups, recommends strategies to make recycling more economically stable, while helping to expand New York's recycling program.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Please Tell Senators You Support Clean Water
- posted by Jon Devine, 12/1/15
- New Report Shows That Healthy Soils Can Help in the Fight Against Climate Change
- posted by Ben Chou, 11/19/15
- Making Sense of the Clean Water Rule is Easy
- posted by Jon Devine, 11/17/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.