Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged water management
- Pipe Dreams: Water Supply and Pipeline Projects in the West
- New water management strategies are needed in the West, and water managers face increasing challenges locating reliable water supplies. Some water managers are looking to water supply pipelines to meet the water demands. But these large-scale pipelines present challenges that should be carefully considered.
- Energy Down the Drain
The Hidden Costs of California's Water Supply
- In the western United States, water utilities use large amounts of energy to treat and deliver water, and consumers burn more energy to heat, cool and use it. This August 2004 report from NRDC and the Pacific Institute shows how water planners in California have largely failed to consider the energy implications of their decisions. Integrating energy use into water planning can save money, reduce waste, protect our environment and strengthen our economy.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- NRDC Petitions EPA To Tackle Water Pollution Sources That Hurt Our Economy And Our Health
- posted by Becky Hammer, 7/10/13
- Investing in Local Water Supplies Makes More Sense than Trying to Squeeze More Water Out of the Delta
- posted by Jake Sahl, 7/9/13
- How Pollution and Climate Change Threaten Our Beaches
- posted by Ben Chou, 6/26/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.