Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged rainwater
- Capturing Rainwater from Rooftops
An Efficient Water Resource Management Strategy that Increases Supply and Reduces Pollution
- Many communities in the United States face serious threats to a safe, steady supply of water, including the reliance on centralized water delivery systems, the unnecessary use of potable water for non-potable uses, and increasing areas of impervious surfaces that allow stormwater runoff to carry pollution into waterways. Although the problems of water supply and water pollution can be complex, practical solutions are available now.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Discovering Life along a River of Local and National Importance
- posted by Monty Schmitt, 7/11/14
- Infographic: How Many Myths About the Clean Water Protection Rule Can Fit on a Webpage?
- posted by Jon Devine, 7/8/14
- Cool It: 8 Tips to Handle the Dog Days of Summer in a Warming Climate
- posted by Peter Lehner, 7/1/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.