Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged rainwater
- Capturing Rainwater from Rooftops
An Efficient Water Resource Management Strategy that Increases Supply and Reduces Pollution
- Many communities in the United States face serious threats to a safe, steady supply of water, including the reliance on centralized water delivery systems, the unnecessary use of potable water for non-potable uses, and increasing areas of impervious surfaces that allow stormwater runoff to carry pollution into waterways. Although the problems of water supply and water pollution can be complex, practical solutions are available now.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Clean Water Rule Litigation Update: Let's All Just Take a Breath
- posted by Jon Devine, 8/28/15
- Water and Wastewater Systems Are Still At-Risk 10 Years after Katrina
- posted by Ben Chou, 8/27/15
- Seamless Growth Ahead for NRDC's Clean by Design
- posted by Linda Greer, 8/18/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.