Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged water waste
- Saving Water and Energy through Clothes Washer Replacement
- Clothes washers use significant amounts of water for washing -- they represent up to 20 percent of a typical household's indoor water usage. The good news is that they have become much more efficient in the past two decades. Between 1987 and 2010, the average energy use of clothes washers has declined by 75 percent.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Water and Wastewater Systems Are Still At-Risk 10 Years after Katrina
- posted by Ben Chou, 8/27/15
- Seamless Growth Ahead for NRDC's Clean by Design
- posted by Linda Greer, 8/18/15
- A Wake-Up Call on Mining Waste
- posted by Rhea Suh, 8/14/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.