Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged crop insurance
- Your Soil Matters
- Most farmers carry Federal Crop Insurance, yet this program does little to help prepare farmers for the challenges of climate change. When farmers lose their crops, your federal taxes help pay for part of farmers' insurance claims. Unless farmers become more resilient to increasing weather pressures, this already large federal program is primed to spiral out of control.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Scott River decision gives Californians one more tool to keep water in streams
- posted by Marcus Griswold, 8/25/14
- Why the Ice Bucket Challenge Gives Me the Chills
- posted by Tracy Quinn, 8/22/14
- Revised Water Bond Is the Right Response to California's Drought
- posted by Kate Poole, 8/12/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.