Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged crop loss
- Soil Matters
How the Federal Crop Insurance Program should be reformed to encourage low-risk farming methods with high-reward environmental outcomes
- The Federal Crop Insurance Program (FCIP) is meant to protect farmers in times of weather-related devastation. As climate changes and the harsh realities of extreme weather slam the countryside, federal crop insurance, intended to alleviate risk for farmers, actually drives the agricultural community toward riskier methods and creates less resilient land by encouraging a narrow set of farm practices.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- House Republicans Vote Against Protecting Your Drinking Water
- posted by Jon Devine, 4/16/15
- 9 Easy Earth Day Tips You Won't Find Anywhere Else
- posted by Noah Horowitz, 4/15/15
- Fresh Attack on Fresh Water
- posted by Jon Devine, 4/15/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.