Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged federal crop insurance
- Soil Matters
How the Federal Crop Insurance Program should be reformed to encourage low-risk farming methods with high-reward environmental outcomes
- The Federal Crop Insurance Program (FCIP) is meant to protect farmers in times of weather-related devastation. As climate changes and the harsh realities of extreme weather slam the countryside, federal crop insurance, intended to alleviate risk for farmers, actually drives the agricultural community toward riskier methods and creates less resilient land by encouraging a narrow set of farm practices.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Latin America Green News: Climate change pushes migration in Nicaragua , deforestation rises in Bolivia, renewables grow in Honduras and Uruguay
- posted by Maria Martinez, 6/29/15
- Building a Tar Sands Resistance
- posted by Robert Friedman, 6/11/15
- More water-saving turf removal? Coming right up! But let's not forget our other water needs
- posted by Johanna Dyer, 6/5/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.