Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged BeckyHayat
- Power Plant Cooling and Associated Impacts
The Need to Modernize U.S. Power Plants and Protect Our Water Resources and Aquatic Ecosystems
- Water withdrawals for thermoelectric power generation were estimated in 2005 to be 201 billion gallons per day -- the highest use of any industry. A clear, consistent national policy is needed to ensure that the U.S. electricity sector is moving toward a cleaner and more water-smart future by replacing antiquated and environmentally destructive once-through cooling systems with modern, less water-intensive technologies.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- After South Carolina Floods, We Must Act to Prevent Similar Disasters
- posted by Ben Chou, 10/8/15
- There's Still Time for the California Energy Commission to Fix the Drought Rebate Program
- posted by Ben Chou, 10/7/15
- Let's Be Honest About Environmental Safeguards
- posted by Jon Devine, 10/6/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.