Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged manure
- Pollution from Giant Livestock Farms Threatens Public Health
Waste lagoons and manure sprayfields -- two widespread and environmentally hazardous technologies -- are poorly regulated.
- Factory farms -- giant livestock farms that house thousands of cows, chickens or pigs -- produce staggering amounts of animal wastes. These wastes are often stored and used in ways that expose people to dangerous bacteria, toxic gases and other hazardous substances, and punish the natural environment.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- NRDC Petitions EPA To Tackle Water Pollution Sources That Hurt Our Economy And Our Health
- posted by Becky Hammer, 7/10/13
- Investing in Local Water Supplies Makes More Sense than Trying to Squeeze More Water Out of the Delta
- posted by Jake Sahl, 7/9/13
- How Pollution and Climate Change Threaten Our Beaches
- posted by Ben Chou, 6/26/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.