Environmental Issues: Water
All Documents in Water Tagged mercury
- Poisoning the Great Lakes
Mercury Emissions from Coal-Fired Power Plants In the Great Lakes Region
- Mercury emitted into the air from coal-fired power plants is by far the leading man-made source of mercury in the Great Lakes and the rivers and streams of the region. The report analyzed pollution data to determine the top 25 mercury emitting power plants in the Great Lakes states, and the top three in each state.
Documents Tagged mercury in All Sections
- Mercury Contamination
A Guide to Staying Healthy and Fighting Back
- Power plants and chemical facilities are the main sources of mercury pollution, but this hazardous chemical makes its way into our homes and bodies in fish. This guide provides information about the health effects of mercury exposure, shows where it's coming from, offers tips for eating fish more safely and highlights opportunities to help stop mercury pollution.
- Clean Air Saves Lives
Real stories of American families with asthma
- Four real stories of American families with asthma. Includes videos and images.
- EPA Mercury and Air Toxics Rule Curbs Pollution
The Obama Administration Protects Our Air and Our Health
- The Mercury and Air Toxic Standards
- Mercury Pollution: An End in Sight?
Work continues on a global treaty to solve the world's mercury pollution problem.
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- New Jersey Must Consider Climate Change Risks in Recovery Programs
- posted by Ben Chou, 3/6/14
- Let's Not Wait Any Longer to Update Illinois' Plumbing Code
- posted by Karen Hobbs, 3/2/14
- Tapped Out: How the California Drought Threatens Craft Brewers and How the Clean Water Act Can Help
- posted by Jon Devine, 2/28/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.