Environmental Issues: Sustainable Communities
All Documents in Sustainable Communities Tagged green building
- LEED for Neighborhood Development
NRDC's Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development helps you know when it's green
- A Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development is a hands-on introduction that NRDC developed for local environmental groups, smart growth organizations, neighborhood residents and just about anyone interested in making our communities better and greener.
Documents Tagged green building in All Sections
- NRDC's Chicago Office
NRDC's newest office achieves LEED Platinum certification as well as Petal Certification from the Living Building Challenge
- Sustainable design successfully links NRDC's Midwest office to the natural and urban environments, bolstering a sense of environmental stewardship between colleagues, and between the organization and its members, activists and donors.
- Affordable Multifamily Housing Efficiency Project
Expanding Efficiency in Affordable Multifamily Housing
- Making affordable rental housing more energy efficient is a cost-effective way to reduce energy consumption, maintain housing affordability, create healthier and more comfortable living environments for moderate- and low-income families, and reduce pollution.
- Greener Construction Saves Money
Incentives for Energy Efficient Buildings Across India
- India's continued economic development depends on providing more affordable, clean, and reliable energy and lessening the strain on current supplies, presenting an opportunity to real estate developers who can lock in energy and cost savings by building green.
- Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2014 (Shaheen-Portman)
A Bipartisan Energy Efficient Effort for Government, Industry, and Buildings
- The Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2014 (ESICA), introduced by Senators Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-OH), is a bipartisan effort to increase energy efficiency in buildings, industry, and the federal government. The broadly supported goals are to save taxpayer dollars, promote job growth, and cut carbon pollution by increasing investments in energy efficient buildings and technologies.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Kaid Benfield's Blog
Kaid Benfield writes about development, community and the environment on Switchboard.
Kaid's Recent Posts
- The many benefits of street trees and urban greenery (excerpted from People Habitat)
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 4/23/14
- My place on the earth
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 4/22/14
- City growth outpaces that of suburbs: new data
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 4/16/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.