Environmental Issues: Sustainable Communities
All Documents in Sustainable Communities Tagged neighborhood development
- LEED for Neighborhood Development
NRDC's Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development helps you know when it's green
- A Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development is a hands-on introduction that NRDC developed for local environmental groups, smart growth organizations, neighborhood residents and just about anyone interested in making our communities better and greener.
- Sustainable Neighborhoods
Solutions for Sustainability
- One of the most important models of sustainable growth is the neighborhood, where increments of development actually occur and where most people connect with their cities, their environments, and each other on an everyday basis.
- Picturing Smart Growth
Visions for Sustainable Communities Across America
Cities and towns across the country are embracing smart growth as a better solution to meet the needs of their growing populations. Smart growth principles accommodate growth and development while saving open space, revitalizing neighborhoods and helping cool the planet. See visions created through photo-editing software for how 70 communities across the country could apply smart growth principles to improve their streets and neighborhoods.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Kaid Benfield's Blog
Kaid Benfield writes about development, community and the environment on Switchboard.
Kaid's Recent Posts
- Why San Francisco, New York and DC may be more affordable than you thought
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 8/25/14
- What the latest housing data mean for the environment
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 8/1/14
- What we like - and don't like - about our cities
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 7/29/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.