Environmental Issues: Sustainable Communities
All Documents in Sustainable Communities Tagged leed
- LEED for Neighborhood Development
NRDC's Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development helps you know when it's green
- A Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development is a hands-on introduction that NRDC developed for local environmental groups, smart growth organizations, neighborhood residents and just about anyone interested in making our communities better and greener.
Documents Tagged leed in All Sections
- NRDC's Chicago Office
NRDC's newest office achieves LEED Platinum certification as well as Petal Certification from the Living Building Challenge
- Sustainable design successfully links NRDC's Midwest office to the natural and urban environments, bolstering a sense of environmental stewardship between colleagues, and between the organization and its members, activists and donors.
- NRDC's Washington, DC Office
- NRDC's Washington home shows that offices can be economic, aesthetically-pleasing, and environmentally friendly. Take a tour of our DC office, and find out about the many "green" features that make it a model of environmentally-sound design.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Kaid Benfield's Blog
Kaid Benfield writes about development, community and the environment on Switchboard.
Kaid's Recent Posts
- New guide from ASLA highlights urban green, literally, in Portland
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 10/27/14
- Compact and connected communities improve public health, says new research
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 10/20/14
- For smart growth, not all urban density is created equal
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 10/6/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.