Environmental Issues: Sustainable Communities
All Documents in Sustainable Communities Tagged global warming
- Communities Tackle Global Warming
A Guide to California’s Sustainable Communities and Climate Protection Act (SB 375)
- California's Sustainable Communities and Climate Protection Act, SB 375, is the nation's first legislation to link transportation and land use planning with global warming. SB 375 is an important step toward a cleaner, healthier, and more prosperous California. Locating housing closer to jobs and transit choices and creating walkable communities can reduce commute times, cut millions of tons of global warming pollution, and improve quality of life.
- Close to Home: Smart Growth Helps Solve Global Warming
Smart community planning can cut down drive times and reduce America's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Smart community planning can cut down drive times and reduce America's greenhouse gas emissions.
Documents Tagged global warming in All Sections
- Extreme Weather: Impacts of Climate Change
- When it comes to connecting the dots between climate change, extreme weather and health, the lines are clear. Carbon pollution is the main reason our planet is getting hotter, intensifying disasters, ruining crops and hurting our health. Solutions exist to cut this pollution and protect our health; we need to put more of them in place right away.
- Cooling India with Less Warming
The Business Case for Phasing Down HFCs in Room and Vehicle Air Conditioners
- Choices made in the next few years will shape whether Indian consumers, companies and government authorities can turn the challenges of the room and vehicle air conditioning expansion into business advantage and national opportunity while reducing climate change, improving air quality, and making air conditioning more efficient and less costly to operate.
- Growing Green Awards
NRDC and Berkeley Food Institute Join to Host 2014 Growing Green Awards
- NRDC is honoring leaders in the field of sustainable food and agriculture through the sixth annual Growing Green Awards.
- Climate Change and Water Resource Management
Adaptation Strategies for Protecting People and the Environment
- From urban and agricultural water supplies to flood management and aquatic ecosystem protection, global warming is affecting all aspects of water resource management in the United States. Rising temperatures, loss of snowpack, escalating size and frequency of flood events, and rising sea levels are just some of the impacts of climate change that have broad implications for the management of water resources. Reducing the global warming pollution that causes climate change is a critical step we must take, but water resource managers and elected officials must act now to prepare for the impacts of the warming that have already occurred or are unavoidable. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Kaid Benfield's Blog
Kaid Benfield writes about development, community and the environment on Switchboard.
Kaid's Recent Posts
- City growth outpaces that of suburbs: new data
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 4/16/14
- The coolest urban trail you are likely to see
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 4/10/14
- LA's Little Tokyo strengthens its identity by planning a "cultural eco-district" (written with Thomas Yee)
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 4/3/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.