Environmental Issues: Sustainable Communities
All Documents in Sustainable Communities Tagged wastewater
- Another Cost of Sprawl
The Effects of Land Use on Wastewater Utility Costs
- A 1998 NRDC study that adds to the growing body of literature demonstrating that low-density sprawl development is costly, inefficient, and inequitable.
Documents Tagged wastewater in All Sections
- In Fracking's Wake
New Rules are Needed to Protect Our Health and Environment from Contaminated Wastewater
- Natural gas development has exploded, fueled by advances in an extraction technique known as hydraulic fracturing or fracking. Unfortunately, federal and state safeguards to protect people and the environment from the hazards of fracking have not kept pace.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Kaid Benfield's Blog
Kaid Benfield writes about development, community and the environment on Switchboard.
Kaid's Recent Posts
- Why urban demographers are right about the trend toward downtowns and walkable suburbs
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 2/25/14
- Ten large US cities join major new initiative to reduce carbon pollution from buildings
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 2/21/14
- A glimpse inside the "undercity" of a Mumbai slum
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 2/19/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.