Environmental Issues: Sustainable Communities
All Documents in Sustainable Communities Tagged greening sports
- Sustainability Achievements of the 2011 NCAA Final Four in Houston, Texas
- In an effort to reduce their carbon footprint, the producers of the NCAA Final Four have integrated ecologically intelligent practices into the event’s planning and production. The paper products and other supplies we have bought and the facilities and services we are relying on have all been selected with a sensitivity towards reducing the threats we all face from global warming, deforestation, toxic wastes, and hazardous chemicals in our water and food. This year the NCAA teamed up with LG Electronics USA, Waste Management, Reliant Park, the City of Houston, George R. Brown Convention Center, and the Natural Resources Defense Council to launch the long journey they need to take to reduce their collective ecological footprint. This document explores their achievements.Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Kaid Benfield's Blog
Kaid Benfield writes about development, community and the environment on Switchboard.
Kaid's Recent Posts
- We're driving less, taking transit more. Now let's invest accordingly.
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 12/5/13
- City sustainability leaders share their successes in The Guide to Greening Cities
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 12/2/13
- Wasting Away (by Lee Epstein)
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 11/26/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.