Environmental Issues: Sustainable Communities
All Documents in Sustainable Communities Tagged fiscal impact analysis
- Developments and Dollars
An Introduction to Fiscal Impact Analysis in Land Use Planning
- This guide provides citizens, planners, local officials and others concerned with sprawling development and growth issues with tools they need to examine the likely impacts of development proposals on local taxes and municipal budgets. It also offers advice on accounting practices sometimes used to make development appear more attractive to local governments than it really is.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Kaid Benfield's Blog
Kaid Benfield writes about development, community and the environment on Switchboard.
Kaid's Recent Posts
- Why San Francisco, New York and DC may be more affordable than you thought
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 8/25/14
- What the latest housing data mean for the environment
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 8/1/14
- What we like - and don't like - about our cities
- posted by Kaid Benfield, 7/29/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.