Environmental Issues: Recycling
All Documents in Recycling
- California’s New Recycling Goal is a Green Jobs Creator
Achieving 75 percent recycling in California could produce more than 110,000 jobs.
- California already leads the nation in green jobs creation, and increasing recycling and the industry that supports it will create even more jobs.
- Celebrate Earth Day
Our special package of resources will help you make this day -- and every day -- a great day for the planet.
- Our special package of Earth Day resources will help you make this day -- and every day -- a great day for the planet.
- What to Do About E-Waste
A helpful how-to guide for keeping your computers, cell phones and other used electronics out of landfills.
- A helpful how-to guide for keeping your computers, cell phones and other used electronics out of landfills.
- Recycling 101
A refresher course in the basics, plus tips to take your recycling game to the next level.
- A refresher course in the basics, plus tips to take your recycling game to the next level.
- The Past, Present and Future of Recycling
Recycling's up, but so is trash.
- Despite the growing popularity of recycling, it's being outpaced by the volume of garbage we produce.
- Trash Landings
How Airlines and Airports Can Clean Up Their Recycling Programs
- The U.S. airline industry discards enough aluminum cans each year to build 58 Boeing 747 airplanes, along with thousands of tons of plastics, magazines and newspapers. All of this waste represents unrealized potential for airlines and airports to save money, reduce global warming pollution and improve efficiency.
- Recycling Returns
Ten Reforms for Making New York City's Recycling Program More Cost-Effective
- After suspending glass and plastic recycling in the summer of 2002 due to record budget deficits, New York City has restored its full recycling program. This April 2004 NRDC report, shaped by a steering committee of representatives from 10 environmental and consumer groups, recommends strategies to make recycling more economically stable, while helping to expand New York's recycling program.
- Too Good To Throw Away
Recycling's Proven Record
- A report detailing the environmental benefits of recycling and addressing the claims of a small but vocal chorus of special interests that have tried to cast doubt on its value.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Our Green Living Guides
- Enlighten Your Home
- Changing your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs is among the easiest things you can do to save energy at home.
- Avoid Toxic Flea and Tick Treatments
- Some flea and tick treatments may contain toxic chemicals that can poison pets and harm people.
- Stay Warm This Winter
- Reduce your heating bills with these simple steps.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.