Environmental Issues: Recycling
All Documents in Recycling Tagged landfills
- The Past, Present and Future of Recycling
Recycling's up, but so is trash.
- Despite the growing popularity of recycling, it's being outpaced by the volume of garbage we produce.
- Too Good To Throw Away
Recycling's Proven Record
- A report detailing the environmental benefits of recycling and addressing the claims of a small but vocal chorus of special interests that have tried to cast doubt on its value.
Documents Tagged landfills in All Sections
- Wasted: How America Is Losing Up to 40 Percent of Its Food from Farm to Fork to Landfill
- Getting food from the farm to our fork eats up 10 percent of the total U.S. energy budget, uses 50 percent of U.S. land, and swallows 80 percent of all freshwater consumed in the United States. Yet, 40 percent of food in the United States today goes uneaten. Reducing food losses by just 15 percent would be enough food to feed more than 25 million Americans every year at a time when one in six Americans lack a secure supply of food.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Our Green Living Guides
- Enlighten Your Home
- Changing your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs is among the easiest things you can do to save energy at home.
- Avoid Toxic Flea and Tick Treatments
- Some flea and tick treatments may contain toxic chemicals that can poison pets and harm people.
- Stay Warm This Winter
- Reduce your heating bills with these simple steps.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.