Environmental Issues: Recycling
All Documents in Recycling Tagged DarbyHoover
- Waste and Opportunity 2015
Environmental Progress and Challenges in Food, Beverage, and Consumer Goods Packaging
- The environmental implications of consumer packaging are an increasingly important component of corporate sustainability programs. Because of finite and dwindling raw material sources, and because wasting materials with significant economic value is an inefficient use of those limited resources, brands that place packaging into commerce need to take more responsibility for its life cycle impact.
- Guide to Composting at Sports Venues
- There are many opportunities to divert waste from a landfill or incinerator by initiating composting programs at a stadium or arena, ranging from collection of grass clippings and other landscaping wastes to collecting kitchen scraps, fan food waste, and compostable serviceware.
- California’s New Recycling Goal is a Green Jobs Creator
Achieving 75 percent recycling in California could produce more than 110,000 jobs.
- California already leads the nation in green jobs creation, and increasing recycling and the industry that supports it will create even more jobs.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Our Green Living Guides
- Enlighten Your Home
- Changing your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs is among the easiest things you can do to save energy at home.
- Avoid Toxic Flea and Tick Treatments
- Some flea and tick treatments may contain toxic chemicals that can poison pets and harm people.
- Stay Warm This Winter
- Reduce your heating bills with these simple steps.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.