Environmental Issues: Recycling
All Documents in Recycling Tagged plastic pollution
- California’s New Recycling Goal is a Green Jobs Creator
Achieving 75 percent recycling in California could produce more than 110,000 jobs.
- California already leads the nation in green jobs creation, and increasing recycling and the industry that supports it will create even more jobs.
- Recycling 101
A refresher course in the basics, plus tips to take your recycling game to the next level.
- A refresher course in the basics, plus tips to take your recycling game to the next level.
Documents Tagged plastic pollution in All Sections
- Solutions to Plastic Pollution in our Oceans
- Plastic can be found in every ocean and waterway on the planet, even in places uninhabited by humans. This toxic garbage is wreaking havoc on marine ecosystems. Unless we take immediate action, the damage will only get worse.
- Waste in Our Waterways
Unveiling the Hidden Costs to Californians of Litter Clean-Up
- As revealed in a new report produced on behalf of the Natural Resources Defense Council by Kier Associates, California cities, towns, and tax payers, are shouldering $428 million per year in costs to stop litter from becoming pollution that harms the environment, tourism and other economic activity.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Our Green Living Guides
- Enlighten Your Home
- Changing your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs is among the easiest things you can do to save energy at home.
- Avoid Toxic Flea and Tick Treatments
- Some flea and tick treatments may contain toxic chemicals that can poison pets and harm people.
- Stay Warm This Winter
- Reduce your heating bills with these simple steps.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.