Environmental Issues: Recycling
All Documents in Recycling Tagged what you can do
- What to Do About E-Waste
A helpful how-to guide for keeping your computers, cell phones and other used electronics out of landfills.
- A helpful how-to guide for keeping your computers, cell phones and other used electronics out of landfills.
- Recycling 101
A refresher course in the basics, plus tips to take your recycling game to the next level.
- A refresher course in the basics, plus tips to take your recycling game to the next level.
Documents Tagged what you can do in All Sections
- Global Warming Basics
What it is, how it's caused, and what needs to be done to stop it.
- Answers to questions including: What causes global warming? How can we cut global warming pollution?
- How to Fight Global Warming
Take steps to reduce your energy use, improve efficiency and help end global warming
- The biggest cause of global warming is the carbon dioxide released when fossil fuels are burned for energy. So when you save energy, you fight global warming and save money, too. Here are some easy steps that you can take to help make a difference.
- How to Reduce Your Energy Consumption
Tips for conserving electricity and cutting your energy costs
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy represent the fastest, cleanest and least expensive ways to reduce our electricity use -- and our dependence on oil. Here, some tips on doing just that, for both individuals and businesses -- along with links to other resources that will help you conserve even more.
- Buying Carbon Offsets: What You Need to Know
When combined with other energy-saving efforts, carbon offsets can help you green your home, office and travel.
- When combined with other personal energy-saving efforts, carbon offsets can help you green your home, office and travel. But the key is to shrink your own carbon output first.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Our Green Living Guides
- Enlighten Your Home
- Changing your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs is among the easiest things you can do to save energy at home.
- Avoid Toxic Flea and Tick Treatments
- Some flea and tick treatments may contain toxic chemicals that can poison pets and harm people.
- Stay Warm This Winter
- Reduce your heating bills with these simple steps.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.