Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged western water
- Fish Out of Water
How Water Management in the Bay-Delta Threatens the Future of California's Salmon Fishery
- This July 2008 issue paper examines the operation of water management projects in California as one of the most significant -- and reversible -- causes of fishery collapse and provides comprehensive policy recommendations for restoring and sustaining this treasured resource.
Documents Tagged western water in All Sections
- Energy Down the Drain
The Hidden Costs of California's Water Supply
- In the western United States, water utilities use large amounts of energy to treat and deliver water, and consumers burn more energy to heat, cool and use it. This August 2004 report from NRDC and the Pacific Institute shows how water planners in California have largely failed to consider the energy implications of their decisions. Integrating energy use into water planning can save money, reduce waste, protect our environment and strengthen our economy.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- New poll: Marcellus region voters prioritize forest conservation over natural gas development
- posted by Amy Mall, 12/4/13
- Give a gift of beauty -- plant milkweed this holiday season
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 12/3/13
- NRDC calls on EPA to join the EU ban on bee harming pesticides
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 12/2/13