Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged wolves
- Reform Wildlife Services' Predator Control
Why does the government continue to kill public wildlife for private interests?
- Wildlife Services spends over $100 million annually to kill more than one million animals. Some of its work, such as preventing bird strikes at airports and controlling the spread of rabies, benefits the public interest, but its current predator control program damages the environment and wastes taxpayer dollars.
- Protecting Wolves in the American West
Removing Endangered Species Act protections threatens the survival of Northern Rocky Mountain wolves.
- To many Americans, wolves represent wild nature that has been lost in many parts of the country. These magnificent animals are once again at risk. The Bush Administration's proposal to remove Endangered Species Act protections -- to "delist" wolves -- threatens to return Northern Rocky Mountain wolves to the brink of extinction by allowing states to kill more than 60 percent of the current wolf population. NRDC recommends action at both the state and federal levels to maintain the long-term health of wolves in the Northern Rockies. Get document in pdf.
- Wildlife on the Brink
- The Endangered Species Act is the best tool we have to ensure that future generations will inherit a nation of soaring forests, redrock canyons, lumbering grizzlies and tiny songbirds. Without its protections, we risk losing hundreds of species of plants and animals across the nation to pollution and private development. See our photo gallery of endangered wildlife and learn about the terrain they need to survive.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Protecting Eagles While Working to Guide Wind Development
- posted by Katie Umekubo, 5/20/13
- Healthy Rivers Help Farmers
- posted by Elly Pepper, 5/14/13
- Voices for America's Wildlife - Farmers in the Bay Delta Support Endangered Species Protections (VIDEO)
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 5/13/13