Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged wetlands
- Birds at Risk
The Importance of Canada's Boreal Wetlands and Waterways
- This report looks at three natural areas in the boreal forest that are critical for birds, but that are coming under pressure from industry, hydropower, and climate change. We discuss some strong policy steps governments must take in order to protect the watery forest and the great biodiversity of birds it supports.
Documents Tagged wetlands in All Sections
- Disaster in the Gulf
- The BP oil rig that exploded killed 11 workers and spewed some 170 million gallons of toxic crude oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Whether we look to habitat and wildlife, employment and pay, or basic health and family welfare, the BP oil blowout has devastated the region.
- Our Work in the Gulf
- Since 2005, NRDC has been working to support Gulf communities to protect their health and environment. In the wake of the BP oil disaster, we remain committed to pushing for a full recovery of the rich ecological, cultural, and economic centers in the Gulf of Mexico. Through our Gulf Coast Resource Center we will work to ensure that neither the stories of this disaster nor the lessons we can learn from it are lost.
- Florida Everglades
- Answers to questions including: What is the Everglades? What types of environmental threats does the region face? What's being done today to save the Everglades?
- Missing Protection
Polluting the Mississippi River Basin's Small Streams and Wetlands
- Our nation's rivers, streams, and small bodies of water are in danger because of recent interpretations of the Clean Water Act that suggest that many waters historically protected from pollution can now be polluted or destroyed without a permitting process to limit the environmental impact of discharges into the waters. This October 2008 issue paper discusses the changes in relation to the problem of nutrient pollution in the Mississippi River Basin.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Wildlife Killing Exposé Goes on the Road
- posted by Melissa Waage, 6/18/13
- National Wolf Delisting: Too Much, Too Soon
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 6/7/13
- Protecting Eagles While Working to Guide Wind Development
- posted by Katie Umekubo, 5/20/13