Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged trout
- Trout in Trouble
The Impacts of Global Warming on Trout in the Interior West
- Global warming is the single greatest threat to the survival of trout in America's interior west. If nothing is done to reduce human-produced greenhouse gas emissions, the primary culprit behind global warming, trout habitat in the Rocky Mountain region could be reduced by 50 percent or more by the end of the century, bringing serious economic consequences for those whose livelihoods depend on the fishing, recreation, and tourism industry.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A Much Welcomed Boost in Wind Wildlife Research Funds
- posted by Katie Umekubo, 3/9/15
- Monarch butterflies can't wait another year - EPA needs to act now
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/27/15
- Let's not shoot the Monarch messenger: Butterflies (and critters) of all kinds need our help
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/26/15