Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged gray whale nursery
- Laguna San Ignacio Gray Whale Nursery
- Laguna San Ignacio in Baja California, Mexico is best known as winter home to the gray whale. Every year the whales migrate over 10,000 miles from their summer feeding grounds above the Arctic Circle to the waters along the west coast of the Baja peninsula, where they have adopted the warm, shallow lagoons for their calving nurseries. Here they spend the months of December to March birthing, feeding their calves, breaching, and spyhopping.
- Mission to Laguna San Ignacio
Face-to-face with the gray whales at a threatened nursery.
- Getting this close to a gray whale is rare for anyone, but for those on this special journey -- including actors Pierce Brosnan and Glenn Close -- living with the magnificent gray whales for five days touched them deeply, and in some cases changed their lives.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Connecting People and Animals to Nature by Expanding the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area
- posted by Ramya Sivasubramanian, 5/11/15
- "Is this earth just for us?" NRDC film Wild Things Premieres on cable TV
- posted by Andrew Wetzler, 5/8/15
- Lawsuit compels EPA to respond to petition on monarch butterfly crisis
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 5/4/15