Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged japan
- End Commercial Whaling
Renegade whale hunting threatens the survival of endangered species around the world
- Whales are still being killed across the world's oceans -- despite an international ban on commercial whaling -- by countries that exploit loopholes and label their hunts as "scientific research."
Documents Tagged japan in All Sections
- NRDC's Response to Japan's Fukushima Nuclear Disaster
Lessons of the disaster can be used to strengthen the regulation of nuclear power generation in the U.S. and worldwide
- While the long-term and full extent of the damage from the Fukushima nuclear disaster remains unknown, it is already clear that clinging to the status quo offers inadequate insurance against the occurrence of such a catastrophic nuclear event in the U.S.
- The Fukushima Nuclear Accident and Its Implications for Nuclear Power in the U.S. and Globally
- This memorandum from Christopher Paine, Nuclear Program Director at NRDC briefly summarizes: the course of the Fukushima accident and subsequent releases of radiation; key questions for Japan posed by the accident; the U.S. response to date; the implications of the accident for a fresh safety assessment US reactors; and NRDC’s general approach to nuclear power generation. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- New poll: Marcellus region voters prioritize forest conservation over natural gas development
- posted by Amy Mall, 12/4/13
- Give a gift of beauty -- plant milkweed this holiday season
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 12/3/13
- NRDC calls on EPA to join the EU ban on bee harming pesticides
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 12/2/13