Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged forests
- Rule Protecting National Forest Wildlands Is Vindicated in Court
The Roadless Area Conservation Rule preserves America's unspoiled wilderness, but it's under assault
- In December 2002, a federal appeals court lifted a stay on the implementation of the Roadless Area Conservation Rule, a landmark forest-conservation measure that the timber industry and its allies have fought tooth and nail. Will the Bush administration enforce it, or undermine it?
Documents Tagged forests in All Sections
- Good Wood: How Forest Certification Helps the Environment
- Forest certification is a seal of approval for wood and paper products, allowing consumers to use their buying power for good.
- A Shopper's Guide to Home Tissue Products
Shop smart. Save forests.
- Help save forests by choosing environmentally preferable alternatives.
- Know the Forest and the Trees: A Consumer's Guide to Buying Wood
- Whether you are building a deck or just buying a nightstand, your purchase can have an impact on forests and people thousands of miles away. Your money could support a sustainable community initiative on the rainforest's edge--or it could contribute to continued impoverishment of families in Latin America or deforestation in Southeast Asia.
- Safe at Home
Making the Federal Fire Safety Budget Work for Communities
- Every summer, images of wildfires dominate TV screens and newspaper headlines. Yet despite the effort -- and the money -- that goes into emergency response, fires destroy hundreds of homes and whole neighborhoods in the American West during wildfire season.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Groups Ask California's Mendocino & Humboldt Counties to STOP Hiring Wildlife Services to Kill Wildlife
- posted by Elly Pepper, 6/30/14
- Why Is the Wildlife Services Administrator So Proud?
- posted by Elly Pepper, 6/27/14
- Time to Protect Our Wildest Places From One Of Our Deadliest Poisons
- posted by Andrew Wetzler, 6/10/14