Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged dolphin
- The Gulf’s Dolphin Die-Off
- Researchers found that bottlenose dolphins in Barataria Bay, Louisiana, an area that was heavily exposed to oil from the BP Deepwater Horizon spill, were underweight and anemic, with suppressed immune systems and signs of liver and lung disease. In this fact sheet, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) compares the new mortalities to prior strandings of Gulf dolphins and probes their connection to the BP spill.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Connecting People and Animals to Nature by Expanding the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area
- posted by Ramya Sivasubramanian, 5/11/15
- "Is this earth just for us?" NRDC film Wild Things Premieres on cable TV
- posted by Andrew Wetzler, 5/8/15
- Lawsuit compels EPA to respond to petition on monarch butterfly crisis
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 5/4/15