Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged international by-catch
- Did you know buying American seafood could save a whale?
The Killing of Marine Mammals in Foreign Fisheries
- The Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA), which requires that all imported fish or fish products be accompanied by proof that the technology used to land the catch does not kill or seriously injure whales, dolphins, and other marine mammals in excess of U.S. standards, has never been enforced by the federal government. Americans unwittingly consume foreign fish or fish products caught using techniques that needlessly kill a multitude of marine mammals each year.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Grid Modernization and Public Lands
- posted by Carl Zichella, 10/20/14
- Montana Rejects Wolf Stamp
- posted by Zack Strong, 10/17/14
- EPA approves new pesticide combination Enlist Duo, NRDC files suit
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 10/15/14