Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged BradSewell
- The Pinto Abalone Deserves Protection Under the Endangered Species Act
- Listing the pinto abalone as endangered or threatened under the Endangered Species Act will enable better enforcement of harvest bans, increased habitat protection, and other conservation measures that are essential to save this West Coast treasure from extinction.
- The Dusky Shark Should be Listed under the Endangered Species Act
After decades of fishing, the dusky shark is now a species on the brink.
- The northwest Atlantic dusky shark population, the population that lives primarily in U.S. waters, has dropped to between 15 percent and 20 percent of its 1970 level. Despite a more than 10-year-long ban on U.S. recreational and commercial fisheries retaining dusky sharks, the region's population has failed to recover. The dusky shark's highly depleted status in the northwest Atlantic requires strong action now.
Documents Tagged BradSewell in All Sections
- Bringing Back the Fish
An Evaluation of U.S. Fisheries Rebuilding Under the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act
- Congress amended the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act in 1996 to require that overfished ocean fish stocks be rebuilt in as short a time period as possible, not to exceed 10 years, with limited exceptions. As part of evaluating the success of these requirements, NRDC examined population trends of all U.S. ocean fish stocks that were subject to the requirements and for which sufficient information was available to assess rebuilding progress.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- A Much Welcomed Boost in Wind Wildlife Research Funds
- posted by Katie Umekubo, 3/9/15
- Monarch butterflies can't wait another year - EPA needs to act now
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/27/15
- Let's not shoot the Monarch messenger: Butterflies (and critters) of all kinds need our help
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/26/15