Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged grizzly bears
- Yellowstone's Grizzlies Still Need Protection
NRDC issue briefings and fact sheets explain why removing Yellowstone's grizzlies from the endangered species list puts bears in jeopardy.
- NRDC issue briefings and fact sheets explain why removing Yellowstone's grizzlies from the endangered species list puts bears in jeopardy.
- Grizzly Bears in Peril
- The plan to remove protections for Yellowstone grizzlies threatens their long-term survival.
- An Alternative Path to Grizzly Recovery in the Lower 48 States
- This May 2004 NRDC policy paper outlines a practical plan for restoring grizzly bear populations in the lower 48 states by preserving grizzly habitat, anticipating and resolving conflicts between humans and bears and increasing public participation in grizzly protection. The paper presents an alternative to the current U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plan for grizzly protecton.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Please Comment on the Montana Wolf Stamp!
- posted by Zack Strong, 8/12/14
- Governor Cuomo Shuts Down the Country's Biggest Ivory Market
- posted by Elly Pepper, 8/11/14
- "Biological impacts of fracking still largely unknown"
- posted by Amy Mall, 8/5/14