Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged grizzly bears
- Grizzly Bears in Danger
Climate change and unbridled industrialization could push an icon of the American West back to the brink of extinction
- In the wake of a tough legal battle, Yellowstone grizzly bears and their habitat are once again protected under the Endangered Species Act. But as global warming and runaway development take a mounting toll on grizzly habitat, these bears are facing an uncertain future.
- Yellowstone's Grizzlies Still Need Protection
NRDC issue briefings and fact sheets explain why removing Yellowstone's grizzlies from the endangered species list puts bears in jeopardy.
- NRDC issue briefings and fact sheets explain why removing Yellowstone's grizzlies from the endangered species list puts bears in jeopardy.
- Grizzly Bears in Peril
- The plan to remove protections for Yellowstone grizzlies threatens their long-term survival.
- An Alternative Path to Grizzly Recovery in the Lower 48 States
- This May 2004 NRDC policy paper outlines a practical plan for restoring grizzly bear populations in the lower 48 states by preserving grizzly habitat, anticipating and resolving conflicts between humans and bears and increasing public participation in grizzly protection. The paper presents an alternative to the current U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plan for grizzly protecton.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Ensuring Yellowstone Grizzly bears are secure - now and in the future
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/28/14
- As monarch butterflies plummet, it's time to rethink the widespread use of our nation's top weedkiller
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/24/14
- New York Bill Would Ban Elephant & Mammoth Ivory Sales!
- posted by Elly Pepper, 2/21/14