Environmental Issues: Wildlife
All Documents in Wildlife Tagged shipping
- Whale Songs in the City
Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution and shipping traffic put them at risk
- Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution puts them at risk.
Documents Tagged shipping in All Sections
- Harboring Pollution: The Dirty Truth about U.S. Ports
- Marine ports in the United States are major hubs of economic activity and major sources of pollution. This March 2004 report by NRDC and the Coalition for Clean Air assesses efforts at the 10 largest U.S. ports to control pollution, and provides an overview of policy and practical pollution mitigation recommendations.
- Harboring Pollution: Strategies to Clean Up U.S. Ports
- U.S. seaports are the largest and most poorly regulated sources of urban pollution in the country. This August 2004 report by NRDC and the Coalition for Clean Air provides practical strategies and policies for port operators, regulatory agencies, and community-based organizations to reduce health-endangering air and water pollution, noise and light pollution that disrupts communities near ports, and harm to marine habitats.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- New Report on the Destructive Impacts of Energy Development on Wildlife
- posted by Amanda Jahshan, 11/24/15
- No Room to Roam - New Top Ten Report Highlights the Isolation of Yellowstone Grizzly Bears
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 11/18/15
- Milkweed alone will not bring back the monarch butterflies (It's the pesticides, stupid)
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 11/13/15