Environmental Issues: International Issues
All Documents in International Issues Tagged green jobs
- Renewable Energy in India
Employment Potential and Financing Solutions for Solar and Wind Energy
- Harnessing clean and renewable energy sources can help meet energy needs in a sustainable way and the growth of wind and solar power in India offers tremendous opportunities to create domestic jobs.
Documents Tagged green jobs in All Sections
- Economic Opportunities of Cutting Carbon Pollution and Climate Change
- The president has laid out a comprehensive National Climate Plan to curb pollution, expand clean energy, and make our communities more resilient. The plan also presents a tremendous economic opportunity for businesses, communities, states, and our country.
- California’s New Recycling Goal is a Green Jobs Creator
Achieving 75 percent recycling in California could produce more than 110,000 jobs.
- California already leads the nation in green jobs creation, and increasing recycling and the industry that supports it will create even more jobs.
- Federal Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives
Driving innovation and investment in our buildings and appliances to save money and energy
- Four important federal tax incentives driving critical energy-saving gains unfortunately expired at the end of 2013. It is essential that Congress extend the energy efficiency incentives created under the Energy Policy Act of 2005 in order to ensure continued growth of America's cheapest fuel source, energy efficiency, creating tens of thousands of new jobs throughout the country. Failure to act would increase dangerous pollution, sacrifice employment growth, and stifle U.S. innovation and competiveness.
- It's Time to Build an Economy that is Stronger, Cleaner, Healthier, and Made to Last
- Clean energy and energy efficiency have provided a robust source for economic growth and innovation during difficult times and we should not reverse course. The impending budget sequester and expiring tax incentives will significantly reduce investment In technologies like wind and solar power, electric vehicles and weatherization. This will harm efforts to create new jobs, invent new technologies, and reduce energy costs while incentivizing utilities to pursue dirtier energy at the expense of health and the environment. Congress should close tax loopholes that are no longer needed, not cut programs that are already revitalizing the economy. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury is an international treaty that addresses the global problem of mercury pollution.
- China's Budding Environmental Movement
- Attorney Alex Wang talks about what it's like to be in on the ground level of a new environmental movement.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.