Environmental Issues: International Issues
All Documents in International Issues Tagged green building
- Building Smart from the Start
Spotlight on Energy-Saving Commercial Office Building in Noida, India
- As India experiences rapid urbanization and energy demand soars, constructing energy-smart buildings in the country's expanding cities is more important than ever. This case study highlights the former Spectral Services headquarters, an everyday office building in Noida that makes an extraordinary business case for energy efficiency.
- Greener Construction Saves Money
Incentives for Energy Efficient Buildings Across India
- India's continued economic development depends on providing more affordable, clean, and reliable energy and lessening the strain on current supplies, presenting an opportunity to real estate developers who can lock in energy and cost savings by building green.
- China's Greenest Building
A showcase for energy efficiency and sustainable design breaks new ground in the heart of Beijing.
- A showcase for energy efficiency and sustainable design breaks new ground in the heart of Beijing.
Documents Tagged green building in All Sections
- LEED for Neighborhood Development
NRDC's Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development helps you know when it's green
- A Citizen's Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development is a hands-on introduction that NRDC developed for local environmental groups, smart growth organizations, neighborhood residents and just about anyone interested in making our communities better and greener.
- NRDC's Midwest Office
NRDC's Midwest office adheres to the most rigorous sustainable building practices. The newest addition to the space aims for Petal Certification from the Living Building Challenge and LEED v4 for Comm
- Sustainable design successfully links NRDC's Midwest office to the natural and urban environments, bolstering a sense of environmental stewardship between colleagues, and between the organization and its members, activists and donors.
- Living Building Challenge Petal Certification in China
NRDC's Beijing Office
- The simple design for the NRDC Beijing office was intentional with the purpose of using fewer construction materials than a traditional private office design in order to meet aggressive environmental goals.
- Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2014 (Shaheen-Portman)
A Bipartisan Energy Efficient Effort for Government, Industry, and Buildings
- The Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2014 (ESICA), introduced by Senators Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) and Rob Portman (R-OH), is a bipartisan effort to increase energy efficiency in buildings, industry, and the federal government. The broadly supported goals are to save taxpayer dollars, promote job growth, and cut carbon pollution by increasing investments in energy efficient buildings and technologies.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury is an international treaty that addresses the global problem of mercury pollution.
- China's Budding Environmental Movement
- Attorney Alex Wang talks about what it's like to be in on the ground level of a new environmental movement.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.