Environmental Issues: International Issues
All Documents in International Issues Tagged global warming
- Cooling India with Less Warming
The Business Case for Phasing Down HFCs in Room and Vehicle Air Conditioners
- Choices made in the next few years will shape whether Indian consumers, companies and government authorities can turn the challenges of the room and vehicle air conditioning expansion into business advantage and national opportunity while reducing climate change, improving air quality, and making air conditioning more efficient and less costly to operate.
- Working with Partners to Strengthen Environmental Leadership in Costa Rica
From protecting pristine natural areas such as the Osa Peninsula to advancing environmentally sustainable transportation and energy efficiency, NRDC is working with partners in Costa Rica to ensure access to world class best practices and international support and advocacy to meet the country’s carbon neutrality and biodiversity conservation goals.Get document in pdf.
- From Crisis to Opportunity
How China is Addressing Climate Change and Positioning Itself to be a Leader in Clean Energy
- China and the United States are the world’s largest emitters of global warming pollution, and as both nations face an increasing dependence on foreign oil and dirty coal, their joint leadership is crucially needed to address global climate change and move the world to a clean energy economy. To combat global warming, China has committed to reduce its carbon intensity by 40 to 45 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, increase the share of non-fossil energy in its primary energy consumption to around 15 percent by 2020, and increase forest coverage.To meet these targets, China is moving to strategically establish itself as a leader in developing and deploying the clean energy solutions of the future: wind and solar power; advanced coal technology; electric vehicles, advanced batteries and high-speed rail; smart grid technology; and more energy efficient industries, buildings, lighting, and appliances.Get document in pdf.
- From Copenhagen Accord to Climate Action: Tracking National Commitments to Curb Global Warming
- In December 2009, more than 120 Heads of Government attended the Copenhagen Climate Change Summit, the largest meeting of world leaders in history. Many of the leaders came to Copenhagen with new commitments to actions on global warming pollution. Presidents and Prime Ministers from more than two dozen key countries representing more than 80 percent of the world's global warming pollution hammered out the Copenhagen Accord.
Documents Tagged global warming in All Sections
- Extreme Weather: Impacts of Climate Change
- When it comes to connecting the dots between climate change, extreme weather and health, the lines are clear. Carbon pollution is the main reason our planet is getting hotter, intensifying disasters, ruining crops and hurting our health. Solutions exist to cut this pollution and protect our health; we need to put more of them in place right away.
- Growing Green Awards
NRDC and Berkeley Food Institute Join to Host 2014 Growing Green Awards
- NRDC is honoring leaders in the field of sustainable food and agriculture through the sixth annual Growing Green Awards.
- Climate Change and Water Resource Management
Adaptation Strategies for Protecting People and the Environment
- From urban and agricultural water supplies to flood management and aquatic ecosystem protection, global warming is affecting all aspects of water resource management in the United States. Rising temperatures, loss of snowpack, escalating size and frequency of flood events, and rising sea levels are just some of the impacts of climate change that have broad implications for the management of water resources. Reducing the global warming pollution that causes climate change is a critical step we must take, but water resource managers and elected officials must act now to prepare for the impacts of the warming that have already occurred or are unavoidable. Get document in pdf.
- Closer than You Think
Latest U.S. CO2 Pollution Data and Forecasts Show Target Within Reach
- Despite Congress' failure to enact comprehensive energy and climate legislation, surprising progress has been made in reducing U.S. carbon dioxide emissions during the last few years.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Toxic Trade: The Global Metallic Mercury Market
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- China's Budding Environmental Movement
- Attorney Alex Wang talks about what it's like to be in on the ground level of a new environmental movement.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.