Environmental Issues: International Issues
All Documents in International Issues Tagged Chile
- Clean Energy in Chile
Powering Chile’s Future with Renewables and Efficiency
- Chile can meet its energy demands in the coming decades through a variety of "non-conventional renewable energy" (NCRE) sources and energy efficiency technologies supplementing its existing generation base.
- NRDC in Latin America
- NRDC works with partners on the ground in Latin American countries to help develop sustainable solutions to pressing challenges, including protecting natural resources, meeting development goals, and supplying enough energy, food and services for growing populations.
- Protecting Patagonia
Opposing Destructive Hydroelectric Dams and Promoting Sustainable Energy in Chile
- Chile's Patagonia is home to the snow-capped Andes, dense temperate rainforests, lush valleys and meadows, abundant marine and bird species, and traditional communities living a low-impact lifestyle. All of these could be devastated if a proposed hydro-electric complex called HidroAysén is constructed on two of the last free-flowing rivers in the world.
- Stopping the Massive HidroAysén Dam Project to Protect Patagonia’s Natural Heritage
- Chile’s Patagonia is one of the last untouched regions left on the planet. Among its lush fjords, dense rainforests, snow-capped glaciers, and powerful wild rivers, local communities live with a rich traditional culture. Yet, this unspoiled region and its communities are threatened by plans for a massive hydroelectric complex called HidroAysén that would dam two of Patagonia’s largest and wildest rivers. HidroAysén’s environmental review was deeply flawed and the Chilean public is strongly against the project. The project is simply not a wise investment. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Toxic Trade: The Global Metallic Mercury Market
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- China's Budding Environmental Movement
- Attorney Alex Wang talks about what it's like to be in on the ground level of a new environmental movement.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.