Environmental Issues: International Issues
All Documents in International Issues Tagged India Initiative
- NRDC's India Initiative on Climate Change and Clean Energy
- India is emerging both as an economic powerhouse and a global environmental leader. As India's economy charges ahead, the country needs to produce more energy to provide a better life for its people, many of whom live in rural areas and are very poor. At the same time, India has recognized that tackling climate change is in its own national interests.
- The Greening of U.S.-Indian Relations
A Review of Cooperation between the United States and India on Climate Change and Energy
- During his November 2009 state visit to Washington, D.C., Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh joined President Barack Obama in launching a Green Partnership between India and the United States to address climate change and clean energy. The Partnership has made remarkable progress, creating new relationships, structures, programs, and projects to provide a solid foundation for increased cooperation and commerce between the nations.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury is an international treaty that addresses the global problem of mercury pollution.
- China's Budding Environmental Movement
- Attorney Alex Wang talks about what it's like to be in on the ground level of a new environmental movement.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.