Environmental Issues: International Issues
All Documents in International Issues Tagged overfishing
- Latin American Wildlands in Danger
U.S. commercial interests are fueling the destruction of some of the world's most vital ecosystems.
- Latin America is home to some of the richest forest and marine ecosystems on earth but U.S. commercial interests are fueling the destruction of these vital wildlands.
Documents Tagged overfishing in All Sections
- Sustainable Seafood Guide
How to choose delicious seafood that’s healthy for you and the environment
- Eating fish can be a smart choice. It's a lean protein with great health benefits. But sometimes fish can be bad for you, and sometimes it's bad for the environment. When you're at the store or ordering in a restaurant, how do you know which seafood to choose? We’ve got advice that tells you what's OK and what to avoid
- Successfully Rebuilding American Fisheries Under the Magnuson-Stevens Act
- The Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act is working to protect and rebuild America's ocean fish populations. Rebounding fish populations create jobs, support coastal economies, repair damaged marine ecosystems, provide increased recreational fishing opportunities and supply fresh, local seafood.
- America’s Underwater Parks
The Marine Life Protection Act Safeguards Our Special Undersea Places
- More than 130 years ago, the United States began to protect our most treasured areas on land by creating National Parks. Now, California has extended that kind of protection to special marine areas by creating underwater parks. In December 2012, the state completed a network of marine parks along its entire coast to help sustain and revitalize the rich web of ocean life. Get document in pdf.
- Underwater Parks
Protected areas in the oceans are as spectacular -- and important -- as national parks on land
- For more than a century, America has been protecting its most vital and beloved landscapes as national parks. But the fish, coral reefs and kelp forests of our oceans receive almost none of these protections, despite growing threats to marine life.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Toxic Trade: The Global Metallic Mercury Market
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- China's Budding Environmental Movement
- Attorney Alex Wang talks about what it's like to be in on the ground level of a new environmental movement.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.