Environmental Issues: International Issues
All Documents in International Issues Tagged transportation
- Clean By Design: Transportation
- Today, raw materials, manufacturers and retailers of apparel are routinely located on opposite sides of the globe. Any method to move garments from factory to market will impact the environment in some form, but retailers can make simple transportation choices to significantly reduce their pollution footprint and save money.
Documents Tagged transportation in All Sections
- It Could Happen Here: The Exploding Threat of Crude by Rail in California
- In the rush to transport land-locked unconventional new crude oil sources, old rail lines running through communities across America are now rattling with thousands of cars filled with crude oil. Federal regulators have few safeguards in place to protect communities and the environment from accidents, spills and explosions resulting from the race to move millions of barrels of crude by rail.
- Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Area Trends, Preferences, and Opportunities
2010 to 2030 and to 2040
- The most influential drivers of the form, location, and nature of development in metropolitan Columbus since the 1970s are undergoing fundamental changes. Understanding these new drivers and their implications for the built environment, and planning for and shaping the regions' growth in recognition of these new drivers, may be major factors in determining the area's future economic competitiveness.
- Less Driving, More Saving
The Economic Benefits of Cutting Car Travel
- The commonly held belief that more driving fosters economic growth is simply a myth. Fortunately, the fact that the two are not linked is good news for our pocketbooks, our commutes, and our environment. Efforts to cut driving and reduce traffic are most definitely good for the economy. When we look at efforts to both make our transportation system more efficient—using carpool lanes or more transit—and change land use to reduce theneed to drive—via transit-friendly development and walkable neighborhoods—we see that the economic benefits are significant. Get document in pdf.
- Congress Must Get Transportation Bill Back on Track
- Once again, Republican leadership is hijacking a must-pass bill in order to advance an extreme anti-environmental agenda. The House should be working on a thoughtful transportation policy that could actually become law - not playing games by adding misguided and destructive measures to the already-delayed transportation bill.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury is an international treaty that addresses the global problem of mercury pollution.
- China's Budding Environmental Movement
- Attorney Alex Wang talks about what it's like to be in on the ground level of a new environmental movement.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.