Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged farms
- Trouble on the Farm: Growing Up with Pesticides in Agricultural Communities
- A report examining the disproportionate exposure to dangerous pesticides borne by children of farmers and farm workers, and the related threats to their health.
Documents Tagged farms in All Sections
- Green Eating Guide
Tips for making healthy food choices for you and the planet
- From farm to fork, growing our food, processing it and transporting it all use tremendous amounts of energy, water and chemicals. By making just a few small changes in our eating and buying habits, we can greatly reduce this impact. When we eat green, we help the environment by reducing global warming pollution -- and help ourselves by eating fresh and healthy food.
- More Integrated Pest Management Please
- This February 2007 issue paper recommends specific actions for how Congress and USDA can increase the quantity and quality of Integrated pest management (IPM) assistance to farmers to improve air, water, soil and habitat.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Winning the Future We Want And Need
- posted by Robert Friedman, 8/21/14
- Gregory Canyon Landfill: At $815 million, isn't it time to dump the dump?
- posted by Giulia C.S. Good Stefani, 6/30/14
- Setting the Record Straight on the Health Impacts of Petroleum Coke
- posted by Meleah Geertsma, 2/28/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.