Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged what you can do
- You Can Beat City Hall - Community Action Tips
- These community-action tips will get you started in fighting the introduction of polluters into your neighborhood.
Documents Tagged what you can do in All Sections
- Global Warming Basics
What it is, how it's caused, and what needs to be done to stop it.
- Answers to questions including: What causes global warming? How can we cut global warming pollution?
- How to Fight Global Warming
Take steps to reduce your energy use, improve efficiency and help end global warming
- The biggest cause of global warming is the carbon dioxide released when fossil fuels are burned for energy. So when you save energy, you fight global warming and save money, too. Here are some easy steps that you can take to help make a difference.
- How to Reduce Your Energy Consumption
Tips for conserving electricity and cutting your energy costs
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy represent the fastest, cleanest and least expensive ways to reduce our electricity use -- and our dependence on oil. Here, some tips on doing just that, for both individuals and businesses -- along with links to other resources that will help you conserve even more.
- Buying Carbon Offsets: What You Need to Know
When combined with other energy-saving efforts, carbon offsets can help you green your home, office and travel.
- When combined with other personal energy-saving efforts, carbon offsets can help you green your home, office and travel. But the key is to shrink your own carbon output first.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Setting the Record Straight on the Health Impacts of Petroleum Coke
- posted by Meleah Geertsma, 2/28/14
- Attorney general and house majority leader take strong step against Petcoke and for Illinois communities
- posted by Meleah Geertsma, 2/19/14
- The 20th Anniversary of President Clinton's Executive Order 12898 on Environmental Justice
- posted by Al Huang, 2/10/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.