Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged shipping
- Harboring Pollution: The Dirty Truth about U.S. Ports
- Marine ports in the United States are major hubs of economic activity and major sources of pollution. This March 2004 report by NRDC and the Coalition for Clean Air assesses efforts at the 10 largest U.S. ports to control pollution, and provides an overview of policy and practical pollution mitigation recommendations.
Documents Tagged shipping in All Sections
- Whale Songs in the City
Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution and shipping traffic put them at risk
- Whales have been recorded singing near New York harbor, but noise pollution puts them at risk.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Five Ideas we'd like to see in Mayor Bill de Blasio's State-of-the-City Speech
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 2/4/16
- Laying it all out: How low income communities can win with the Clean Power Plan
- posted by Khalil Shahyd, 2/2/16
- Making It Right in Flint
- posted by Rhea Suh, 1/27/16
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.