Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged photos
- On the Ground in New Orleans
An NRDC Fact-finding Mission, October 2005
- A photo journal from NRDC experts gathering first-hand information about the health and environmental after-effects of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Documents Tagged photos in All Sections
- NRDC's Washington, DC Office
- NRDC's Washington home shows that offices can be economic, aesthetically-pleasing, and environmentally friendly. Take a tour of our DC office, and find out about the many "green" features that make it a model of environmentally-sound design.
- Laguna San Ignacio Gray Whale Nursery
- Laguna San Ignacio in Baja California, Mexico is best known as winter home to the gray whale. Every year the whales migrate over 10,000 miles from their summer feeding grounds above the Arctic Circle to the waters along the west coast of the Baja peninsula, where they have adopted the warm, shallow lagoons for their calving nurseries. Here they spend the months of December to March birthing, feeding their calves, breaching, and spyhopping.
- The Birds of Hawaii's Hakalau Forest
- Hawaii's Hakalau Forest National Wildlife Refuge protects endangered birds and their rainforest habitat. This photo gallery contains images of nine of Hakalau's unique forest birds.
- Picturing Smart Growth
Visions for Sustainable Communities Across America
Cities and towns across the country are embracing smart growth as a better solution to meet the needs of their growing populations. Smart growth principles accommodate growth and development while saving open space, revitalizing neighborhoods and helping cool the planet. See visions created through photo-editing software for how 70 communities across the country could apply smart growth principles to improve their streets and neighborhoods.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Gregory Canyon Landfill: At $815 million, isn't it time to dump the dump?
- posted by Giulia C.S. Good Stefani, 6/30/14
- Setting the Record Straight on the Health Impacts of Petroleum Coke
- posted by Meleah Geertsma, 2/28/14
- Attorney general and house majority leader take strong step against Petcoke and for Illinois communities
- posted by Meleah Geertsma, 2/19/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.