Environmental Issues: Environmental Justice
All Documents in Environmental Justice Tagged louisiana
- Our Work in the Gulf
- Since 2005, NRDC has been working to support Gulf communities to protect their health and environment. In the wake of the BP oil disaster, we remain committed to pushing for a full recovery of the rich ecological, cultural, and economic centers in the Gulf of Mexico. Through our Gulf Coast Resource Center we will work to ensure that neither the stories of this disaster nor the lessons we can learn from it are lost.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Attorney general and house majority leader take strong step against Petcoke and for Illinois communities
- posted by Meleah Geertsma, 2/19/14
- The 20th Anniversary of President Clinton's Executive Order 12898 on Environmental Justice
- posted by Al Huang, 2/10/14
- KCET focuses on LA's 710 Corridor
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 2/7/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Hidden Danger
- A large percentage of U.S. Latinos live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination.
- Asthma and Air Pollution
- Bad air can bring on asthma attacks; tracking air quality and controlling pollution from cars, factories and power plants can help.